About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Second post of the day

I'm so excited. Why am I excited? Because Tom Spurgeon, my fave comics critic and boss of comicsreporter.com, is sending me a free copy of the Comics Journal from back when he edited it (I was the first to email in and ask). The Journal's a good mag and Spurgeon's editorship was splendid, but it's not so much the mag; it's getting a freebie from someone I've never met but long admired. On this blog I try to emulate Spurgeon's ideosyncratic clarity and wit; it's cool to have such a random connection pop up between us. It's a bit like getting a note from a favorite celebrity; not life-changing, but cheering.

You take your pleasures where you can, I reckon.

No comments: