About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Friday, September 30, 2005

This article about gay priests didn't have any surprises for me until near the end; I never would have guessed there were thought to be that many gay priests (25% at a conservative estimate!) This implies that the priesthood has been an important haven for commited Catholic homosexual men, and the Vatican may be about to shoot itself in its infallible foot. I'm not sure why I care about this, since I'm a hetero non-Catholic, but it's an interesting case of an organization being torn between its on-paper values and the realities of how it stays afloat.

No comments: