About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Stuff I got at Camelot Music

Life's been pretty placid lately, and it doesn't hurt that I'm listening to a lot of jazz vocalists at work; Billy Holliday's Lady in Satin is particularly dreamy, putting me into a sort of expansive, cheerfully melancholy mood, while old Louis Armstrong has just the right blend of grit and mathematics to keep my brain and bollocks engaged with the day. I've also picked up an acoustic guitar album by some canadian lady, and it is a perfect blend of classical and contemporary material, taking me back to cheery days in the music department at the dear old alma mater, then taking me forward to the atonal math-messes I enjoy today. If you were hoping for insights into the current socio-political situation, I'm sorry to have let you down.

No comments: