About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Feh.

Today I had a lunch appointment with Karla, the lovely and talented star of our recent Twelfth Night production, who says she's aware of my blog. Hi Karla! Anyway, we both got there early, sat at opposite ends of the restaurant, and slowly got pissed at each other for standing each other up. I saw her as I finally left. Since the basic point of the lunch was for me to give her back her copy of Things Fall Apart, and that goal was achieved, one might conclude the lunch was a success, but since we missed out on a jolly discussion of the novel in question I consider it an opportunity lost. For some reason this put me into a really foul mood; I'm turning into a crank with an eye on the deathbed ledger. How many regrets vs. happy memories will I have? Today was one more minor regret, one less happy memory. Boo hoo hoo. What's worse is it's one more instance of me failing someone else. I know it's not a huge deal, but letting people down takes a toll on one's soul.

In cheerier news an Alabama State Senator got a lot of attention today for saying the hurricanes were God's judgement on the sins of New Orleans. Tee hee! I'm past caring about Alabama politicians saying ignunt trash like that. In the wise words of Skip James, "I'm so glad, I'm so glad, I'm so glad, so glad. I don't know what to do, don't know what to do, I don't know what to do..."

No comments: