About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Post-Birthday

No dears, I haven't abandoned you-I tried to post last night but Blogger was down. But just to let you know how much I love you, consider this; Blogger's trying to get me to have ads on this blog, but I wouldn't do that to you. Not even for the money they assure me I'd be making. I'm living my life as a refutation of the idea that you need a lot of money to live a fulfilling life. Is it any wonder I'm single?

There is one way that money can buy you happiness, however, and that is by buying funny comic books. Tonight I'll run down some current highlights of this sadly neglected genre, which humor cartoonist Sam Henderson describes as being like the trampy girl at school-all the guys like what she does but they don't respect her.

Anyway there's not much news in my life post-birthday, which was quietly nice the way a good Eric Rohmer film is. Far less gloomy than I expected, what with the mortality concerns and all.

No comments: