About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Moderate Update

It looks like I'm finally gonna be doing a Sidewalk Scramble! My friend and improv associate Debbie S---- told me her group needs more actors, and I've been lusting after a chance to do a Scramble for years now. Now the group just has to accept me on Debbie's say-so. I also got an Email from another friend and improv associate, Chris D----, insisting that the Feminist Debutante Guild get back together for a show or three. The Guild was just on the cusp of becoming something really special when various factors led to our taking a year-long hiatus, so I'd love to see if we can try to start anew. Granted, I've sworn off doing theatre for the rest of the year in an apparently futile effort to focus on work and exercise, but obviously I haven't gone Straight Edge if I'm diving into Scramble and improv activity. I'm pretty rusty on the improv, but it's always good for me to get back into it.

A big shout out to Jennifer W., production design guru for many local film things, who's evidently so freakishly obsessed with me that she's found my blog. Here's hoping she won't set me on fire if I've said something snarky about one of her productions.

Check this out: Time magazine's list of the hundred best english-language novels since 1923. I've only glanced at it in passing, and have no immediate objections.

A cool blog here. Kenneth Hite writes role-playing supplements and stuff; I haven't played a role-playing game in years (not since I started improv) but I buy his stuff because he's like the Alan Moore of role-playing games. Check out his Suppressed Transmission books to see what I'm talking about. Anyway please note that a footnote to his latest post is the only review of Donnie Darko you'll ever need.

No comments: