About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Scramblin' Screwup

The Sidewalk Scramble began Friday night... I met the teammates and followed them to the team leader's house, where we had a story session-I think I made a productive contribution, but the finished product will be essentially the work of the regular Outlaw Film members. I promised to meet them Saturday for the filming but I screwed up by not getting contact info or addresses... so I drove all over the Gardendale/Fultondale area, an area with which I am completely unfamiliar, and I couldn't find my way there. I'm sure that since everything was kind of provisionally planned and my character was a small character part they were able to shoot around it with no problem. I dunno what penance they'll demand, but I hope it doesn't extend beyond buying them a round of drinks at the screening. Still, I'm angry with myself for once again neglecting to make sure I had the practical stuff hammered out.

One observation from the plotting session: sometimes the most important person in the room is the one who says "I liked you idea about Rosebud being his sled," the person who picks up on someone's good but overlooked idea and refocuses attention on it.

No comments: