About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Why I Love Autumn

Every summer I forget how good it feels to lie in bed with the sensation that it's cold out, but warm under the covers. I know no more peaceful feeling.

On the other hand I've become a true Alabama person over the years, meaning I now like heat and fear extreme cold. I'll be okay for a few months but when winter hits I'll be glum about it. It wasn't that long ago I would leave the heat off and revel in freezing temperatures; it felt like all the dreadful heat of summer was being washed out of my body. Now it just feels cold. But during Autumn everything's perfectly balanced; cool but not cold, and balanced between the color of summer and the starkness of winter.

No comments: