About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wintery

Last night I dreamt that I was hiking down a trail with a small group through a winter-wonderland forest. A white-bearded old-timer was leading our crew. We came to a fork in the trail. The wind was blowing powerfully down the left-hand fork, while the right-hand fork was still.

The old-timer said "All the critters are down the left path. Animals like wind. They're all down there, eating and being eaten."

I was inclined to take that path and see the critters.

Then he pointed down the right path. "No animals that way, but all is calm and still. It's comfy-warm at the end of that trail, but the snow's still thick."

I set out down the right path, and the rest of the group followed.

FWIW I have odd dreams all the time, but this one had an enigmatic but comprehensible narrative structure so I felt like getting it down.

I also felt like psychoscrutinizing it, but I'll spare you and myself.

No comments: