About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Friday, August 31, 2007

Love Life

The other night I watched a movie titled Room 666. It's by Wim Wenders, and it's simply interview footage of various major filmmakers at Cannes '82 talking about the future of cinema. Susan Seigelman was on it, and she said something that piqued my interest; simply that filmmakers make films because "They love life." Huh. I wonder if that's as true in 2007 as it was in 1982. Do today's film-school whiz kids like life near as much as they like movies? Do digital CGI types really want to capture life, or create a substitute for it?

No comments: