About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Wide Stance?" Is that what they're calling it these days?

Here's how dopey I am: when I heard about Senator "Wide Stance" Craig's Lavatory Lovequest, I thought "Why be a closet case? Why not take a tip from Barney Frank and be Out?" Then I realized, duh, Frank's a Dem, Craig's a Republican. I have chums who are Log Cabin Republican types: openly gay, openly Republican. That's okay for them because they're not running for office. The day when an openly gay person can get elected on the Republican ticket ain't here yet.

Also, spare some thought for cops who are so low on the totem pole that they get assigned to potty patrol. There are worse jobs, but not many. I'm too squeamish to sit on public toilets in a non-emergency situation, anyway. The idea of hunkering down on the polluted porcelain for an eight-hour shift is smelling-salts-worthy. But if one is that uptight one probably shouldn't be a cop anyway.

No comments: