About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Friday, April 20, 2007

Disconnect

How dreadful. Five men have decided that if a woman discovers that her forthcoming baby will be so riddled with birth defects as to be unable to live, and its birth will threaten the mother's life, then it may be that they both have to die to satisfy the anti-abortion rabble. For crying out loud, vote Democratic in November 2008, not because Democrats are particularly impressive in and of themselves, but so the next justice will be someone who values actual human beings more than potential human beings.

And now, with only this flimsy excuse for a transition, a delightful poem by Dorothy Parker:

FAME

If I didn't care for fun and such,
I'd probably amount to much.
But I shall stay the way I am,
Because I do not give a damn.

Edit: I stumbled across a wonderful John Cage quote. Maybe I'll just keep extending this post with fragments, like a crow piling up pretty things.

"The highest purpose is to have no purpose at all. This puts one in accord with nature, in her manner of operation."- John Cage

No comments: