About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Making the Connections

Back from North Carolina. Laurie and I had a great time (small towns can have large pleasures), but it fascinates me that being with her is changing the dynamics of my life in subtle ways that I don't fully understand. To a large extent the time, money and attention that I've long devoted to entertainment and diversion stands revealed as a substitute for having someone to love. But it's perplexing, this business of trying to reconfigure life from a solitary to a shared pursuit. In a way I feel like someone who's been a glutton for life but has recently discovered the pleasures of eating fine food in reasonable portions.

"Wow, this salmon is great! Where's the ketchup?"

No comments: