About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Why Can't You See

I just had my first vision exam since maybe infancy, and tried to get some contact lenses set up. I need them so I can get around stage, but moreover, it's hard to act off someone if you can't tread what they're communicating facially. Without my glasses I'm blind, so it's time for contacts.

Sadly I'm flunking Contacts 101. I have been sentenced to take some eye drops home and practice touching my eye. I've always believed that nothing should touch an eye except an eyelid, so this will be quite the trial.

I'm such a nerd that I'm steeling myself for this by telling myself it's like the self-improvement trials the heroes and heroines of my favorite fantasy novels have to go through. That actually comforts me a bit. Learning to wear contacts isn't that different from learning to, say, cast a spell. Yeah, that's the ticket. Ya nerd!

"Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays, and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants, or dragons, it holds the sea, the sun, the moon, the sky, and the earth and all things that are in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, when we are enchanted." -J. R. R. T.

No comments: