About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Last night I began an intriguing film: Perverella. Troma Gilliam; Lo-Fi Steampunk. So far the perversion promised by the title is more a matter of goofy suggestion than anything more overt; it's R-rated, no more, no less. Unsettling gross-out humor as the evil Queen continuously gives birth to shriveled, lumpy potential heirs. Groovy miniature city shots with marvelously Flash Gordon serial-style spaceships. Narrative so far is just reprocessed pulp nonsense filtered through a modern camp sensibility. I've only watched a half-hour or so; I suspect it's the same sausage all the way through, but it's amusing, with stylish costumes and props to boot.

1 comment:

◈lunaluna◈ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.