About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Christmas Supreme

We had our first rehearsal in the theatre today. It's going surprisingly smoothly. I just tell myself I'm in my own Christmas Special and the motivation takes care of itself. I was always a sucker for Christmas kitsch.

As I left the theatre tonight I noticed a statue across the street. I strolled over to check it out, and almost burst into tears.

John Coltrane.

It turns out that High Point is his childhood home town. I'm working not far from where one of the Twentieth Century's most essential musicians spent formative years.

Excuse me; I'm off to listen to A Love Supreme for about the thousandth time.

No comments: