About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Friday, July 06, 2007

Don't Quote Me

Due to some recent unpleasantness regarding inappropriate quotation marks, I have a new link: the Quotation Marks blog, dedicated to heaping scorn upon all those who put quote marks on signs, posters, etc. for no good reason.

I've been thinking about this anyway because one of my neighbors has a bumper sticker which says something like "My child helps make Blahdeblah Elementary a School of Excellence." But the bumper sticker has quote marks around the whole phrase. If it were really a school of excellence they'd know not to put quotation marks around the entire text of a bumper sticker.

Sorry for Andy Rooneying out. Or should that be "Andy Rooneying" out?

No comments: