About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Return of the Screw

As a fan of ambiguous, creepy stories it gives me great pleasure to announce that I have been cast in a production of Turn of the Screw! It's a two-person production in which a woman plays the governess and a man plays the other roles. If, like me, you've avoided reading Turn of the Screw because of Henry James' less than breezy prose style, I'd suggest you give it a chance. Cozy up with it on a pleasantly spooky night, and it may stick with you... It actually reminds me of a favorite non-horror film, Last Year at Marienbad, because like that film it opens itself up to multiple interpretations but validates none of them.

No comments: