About Me

My photo
Go out with you? Why not... Do I like to dance? Of course! Take a walk along the beach tonight? I'd love to. But don't try to touch me. Don't try to touch me. Because that will never happen again. "Past, Present and Future"-The Shangri-Las

Monday, August 14, 2006

Hi, Remember Me?

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but I'm so much happier in general without a computer to call my own than with that I can't bring myself to get my Ibook fixed. As David Mamet said of Cable TV, 500 hundred channels isn't choice; it's coercion. And the internet's even worse.

Hey Jonathan G! I did indeed get cast in How To Succeed, as Gatch, a lecherous executive. I don't think my role will keep me onstage very long, but the rumors about getting paid turn out to be true! I couldn't live on it, but it will be, in Mr. Goldstein's phrase, a nice little payday. It's nice to dip a toe into semi-pro acting.

Anything else going on? I've antagonized a perfectly nice woman via the act of dating her. Maybe someday someone will tell me what I'm doing wrong. But at least I did learn that dating a woman who doesn't want to talk about, well, any of the things I routinely blog about, is probably not someone I should date, for her sake and mine. Also I'm getting more reading done than I ever would if I, y'know, had internet access at home.

I'm really getting into what they call Body Horror; movies (and novels, I guess) about awful things happening to the body. I watched Texas Chainsaw 2 last night and found it oddly comforting. I know this may sound morbid, but it's really not. I used to be repelled by this kind of stuff, but now that I'm aging I respond differently... Tom Savini, the special effects guru behind the gore in Chainsaw 2, really beautifies the meat of the human body. That's what I need; thinking about the inevitable rot of the body gets me down. Savini makes the meat lovely and in doing so justifies it to me.

I swear I'm in a good mood!

No comments: